ENCOURAGING PASSAGE....

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgivinig one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

EPHESIANS 4:32

May 27, 2009

A Happily Ever After

February 15th 2008 was the day Marco purposed to me at Woodward park. We met in high school and dated for 3 and a half years before he popped the question. It was the day after Valentines day, and we had been going to marriage counseling for over a year. That day was beautiful, and the way Marco acted made me wonder what plans he had up his sleeve. We sat at a picnic table facing the lake at the park and listened to music on my Zune. The song playing was Michael Bubles' "Everything". When the song ended Marco told me to turn around, and laying atop the table was a medium sized treasure chest box. Inside was a Taco Bell sauce packet that read "Will you Marry me?" Nine months of planning and the day had finally arrived.

November 14th 2008 was our wedding day. The church where our ceremony was held was beautiful. Its was that perfect little church decorated simple, and filled with our closest friends and family. When it was time to walk down the aisle I couldn't keep the tears back. My dad was trying so hard not to cry, but I could see the tears forming in his eyes, which made me cry all the way to the alter. I was happy beyond words to marry this man waiting for me at the other end. He was dressed to the T and looked amazing. I thought about how I had prayed for the moment when someone would love me as much as he does, and for that feeling at the bottom of my stomach when I knew this was the man that I could not live in this world without. Visions of the things we had enjoyed together, the dinners we had shared, the thoughtful things he had done for me ran in my mind. I was marrying the man God had blessed me with. I had no doubts that this was going to be a life long marriage. As I said my vows to him I saw a single tear escape from his left eye and run down his face. I loved this man body and sole. 6 months have passed, and I still get knots seeing him, and hearing his voice. Our wedding was memorable and truly a meaningful experience that I will talk about for ages.




1 comment:

  1. I will always remember that day. Thank you for putting up with all my faults. I truly love and I know that you love me.

    ReplyDelete